Wellbeing is about the combination of our love for what we do each day, the quality of our relationships, the security of our finances, the vibrancy of our physical health, and the pride we take in what we have contributed to our communities. Most importantly, it's about how those five elements interact.
According to research done in over 150 countries by the Gallup Organization, overall wellbeing is based on one's satisfaction with and interaction between each of the following domains:
- Community - Feeling safe in your neighborhood; taking pride in your community; being involved in your community
- Financial - Managing your money wisely; having confidence about your financial future; having adequate resources to do what you want when you want to do it
- Social - Having close relationships; engaging with people who accept you for who you are; spending time with friends and family
- Career - Being satisfied with what you do every day; using your strengths daily; having a clear purpose and goals; having somebody in your life that motivates you
- Physical - How well you manage your health; how often you exercise on a daily basis; your dietary choices; the amount of sleep you get each night
By reflecting on your satisfaction in each of the domains, you will have a better understanding of where you can enhance your strengths or overcome challenges.